Friday, November 22, 2013

Bangsamoro's send relief to the typhoon-wrecked Cities of Ormoc and Tacloban


From the Website of MILF
links:  http://www.luwaran.com/index.php/welcome/item/667-bangsamoros-send-relief-to-the-typhoon-wrecked-cities-of-ormoc-and-tacloban



Bangsamoro's send relief to the typhoon-wrecked Cities of Ormoc and Tacloban

  • Thursday, Nov 21 2013
  • Written by  Drieza A. Lininding

The Bangsamoro Relief Operation (BRO) for victims of super typhoon Yolanda reached the Cities of Ormoc and Tacloban, in Leyte last Monday November 16, 2013 to distribute relief goods in Muslim communities badly affected by the typhoon.

Almost a quarter of million or 222,500 Muslim individuals are living in Regions Eastern, Western and Central Visayas and about 1, 800 Muslim families in the said regions were said to had been affected by the storm according to a source from the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF).

Agakhan M. Sharief, lead convener of the relief operations said that their group was shocked by the extent of devastation brought by Super Typhoon Yolanda when they reached the City of Ormoc at around 3PM of Monday. Ormoc is just an hour away from Tacloban City.

While at Ormoc, they were able to distribute relief goods to two Muslim evacuation centers; one in Mabini Street and another one in DS area where a mosque was devastated and needs repair or rebuilding. "We were told that there are other Muslim communities in Ormoc, estimated at about 3,000 individuals who are still staying in the city despite the Typhoon and most of them lost their homes and livelihood," said Sharief.

At around past noon, Sharief and his group arrived at Tacloban City and look for Muslim Evacuation Centers and saw a poster just around the corner of Zamora Street in front of Chowking that says: "MUSLIM VICTIMS".  Around 30 Muslims families most of them from Lanao del Sur are still holed up in the city. Some of them lost their loved ones and one of them who refused to be identified lost his 7 month-old son while holding him with his one hand and the other holding the cable wire that held them from being swept away by the storm but accidentally his son slipped from his grip. Twelve Muslim fatalities were confirmed in Tacloban including four that are still missing namely: Disomancop,Sinab, age 35; Disomancop,Faisal, age 17; Disomangcop, Jamaliah, age 16;  Disomangcop, Muhammad Naim, age 7;  Disomangcop, Mimie, age 20; Ampuan,Imam Qadi Sirad, age 65;  a 75 years old woman identified as mother of Sira; Basher, Naimah age 13; Basher, Tomba, age 85; and one  7-month old baby identified as son of  Aminola and 2 other Children identified as children of certain Ali; a 3-year old child and another 1-year old child. The victims are appealing for more help so that they can start rebuild their homes and start a new life.

Among the group who participated in the relief operation were CHED-ARMM; Khadijah Mohammad Islamic Academy (KMIA); Philippine Muslim Teachers College (PMTC), Free the Bangsamoro Movement (FBM) and Rijaludeen.


MILF Website

links:




BANGSMORO FRAMEFORK



OTHER HUMAN RIGHTS PROMOTIONS WEBSITES


PROTECTION AND PROMOTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------