Ads 468x60px

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, October 25, 2013

Duterte for President? ‘I will close government’


From the Website of MILF
links: http://www.luwaran.com/index.php/welcome/item/620-duterte-for-president?-%E2%80%98i-will-close-government%E2%80%99


Duterte for President? ‘I will close government’

  • Wednesday, Oct 23 2013
  • Written by  Desk Editor

If random calls for Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte to become president do come to fruition, then his first move will be to install a revolutionary government, said the report by Sunstar-Davao on October 22.

"If I'm the president, I will declare a revolution. I will rebel against my own government and close down everything except your businesses and make a body to take care of your expenses," Duterte told Davao City businessmen during the 15th Davao Trade Expo, the Sunstar quoted him saying.

He said he is aware of constant prodding of netizens for him to seek a national elective post, especially the presidency.

"Lumalabas na sa mga website eh (It’s coming out from the websites), “Duterte for President”. You must be crazy. I said I am not interested to be president. I am not qualified to be president. I cannot dream of what I cannot be but I can only aspire for what I can be," he said.

He said for the long 21 years as the city mayor of Davao, he was able to befriend "government's enemies." “How can I be effective as president? Nagkaroon ako ng utang na loob. I cannot fight with the New People’s Army (NPA), I cannot fight with Nur Misuari because he’s a friend”, said Mayor Duterte.

He added: "But if you and I agree, revolutionary government. We allow the businessmen to take care of the money. We just govern and tell the people what to do." He reiterated that he has declined the post offered to him, leading the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) many times.

Duterte said the DILG post has been offered to him since the term of former President Fidel V. Ramos."Sabi ko, pag nilagay mo ako diyan (DILG), I will shut down government and close Congress," he said.  "What ails the system? Pera (money). It's always money, money and money."

The hard-hitting Davao City Mayor said that, if he would have his way, the businessmen will secure the money of the people safe and sound, while the public sector governs and takes care of the country.

MILF Website

links:




BANGSMORO FRAMEFORK



OTHER HUMAN RIGHTS PROMOTIONS WEBSITES


PROTECTION AND PROMOTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------